Good Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, July 11, 2009

News: Garage Sale! etc.

So right now I am sitting outside on my little lounge chair trying to get rid of all this junk. I've gotten rid of a lot of things. I'm strinking all sorts of deals to get rid of it all. It's fun. I really like haggling. And I like trying to see how much stuff I can get one person to take. I managed to get this one woman to take like 10 bags! I was pretty impressed with my skills. It's not exactly fun, but I have been pretty bored...even though I have tons of stuff to do!

Ooooh! Good news! I will be able to get my room set-up this coming week because the custodians got my room ready so quickly!! Can you believe it!? I can't. It took them only a few days! THEY ARE SO AMAZING!! Anyhow, it's nice to be able to get into my room because I'll be so busy the end of July until Holly's wedding on the 15th of August. And then school starts for teachers the 20th and the kids come back the 24th!! YIKES!

Summer is flying by so quickly! I've been trying to enjoy it and get as much as I possibly can done before school starts up...but it seems like things get messier. I cleaned the garage a days ago and now it seems like my living room is cluttered with the things I brought in that I've been wanting to have in the house. I have too much stuff!! I say it all the time, but I don't know how to be simple or condense all the things I have. I look at something and I'm like, I NEED it. I know, I know, I don't NEED it, but it sure feels that way. I mean, how can I live without my lovesacs? My 200 shoes!? My millions of childrens books!?! I couldn't!! I wouldn't be able to! And here you have, a confession from a shopaholic and pack-rat. I'm too sentimental to get rid of some things....then I get sad when I see people take away my things during the garage sale, but OH WELL. I'm learning to be less sentimental and to keep only what I THINK I really NEED (even though I need it all). :) Well, I can't wait for this to be over. Then I can get more things done that REALLY need to get done! (LIKE EVERYTHING!)

Daniel Update: Daniel is finally in his final point in Afghanistan. It's been really interesting for him; He says there are like 600 men stationed there and there are only 8 bathrooms, 5 shower stalls with curtains and 3 shower stalls WITHOUT curtains. Seems like a pretty horrible little base. We'll see though. I hope they treat him good there! He says they aren't allowed to have ANY lights on after dark, which is a scary thought. Keep him in your prayers!!

No comments:

Fishing on the Green River

Fishing on the Green River
My first time fly fishing!

Fly Fishing at Flaming Gorge National Park

Fly Fishing at Flaming Gorge National Park
We just got on the boat and mom took a picture of us. Ang looks so happy! =)

Simba as a puppy

Simba as a puppy
He was so small! Now he's like 110 lbs.!!

Talented Simba

Talented Simba
He is so talented he can balance a turtle on his nose!

Bella & Patches

Bella & Patches
The grey one is the one I'm dog-sitting.

SS Camero

SS Camero
Daniel and his sexy car