Good Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, February 6, 2010

What's been going on

Daniel will be coming home in April. WOOT! WOOT!! I will no longer be alone!! YAY! It will be a refreshing break to solitude. His unit has been preparing to come back, they will slowly turn gear in, and move base to base in a month. Then they'll be on their way home! YAY!

I've been sick. I have had a major sinus infection that turned into a horrible vocal infection and was moving into my chest. I woke-up Thursday not being able to speak. Horrible, horrible, horrible!! My mom finally convinced me to take Friday off since I couldn't talk and she didn't want me getting all my kids sick. Very true, true, true. Especially since I hate when kids come to school sick, I decided I better not be such a hypocrite and stay home. It was a good thing I did, I was exhausted and slept almost all day! I woke up at around 4pm and are some food, emailed, showered, and went back to bed. It is amazing how I could sleep forever. I feel like I'm the type of person who will never be a morning person and continually needs at least 10 hours each night. *SIGH*

All these chronic things led up to me FINALLY buying these really cool and unfortunately, expensive, air purifiers. YAY! We will see if they help me and my allergies. I think they will. My little ionic breeze helps and it's only one filtration system, the ones I bought are a 5 step filtration process!! CRAZY! So I'm excited to have clean and purified air, no dust, no dog hair, no allergens! Woot! Woot! Don't worry, I'm not putting all my eggs in a basket, I am prepared for failure or success.

My Smartboard at school is installed and I've been trained Level 1 and 2 Smart Ready! YAY! It's so much fun! I feel like I am really excelling at it as well. I feel like a sponge when I'm learning, it's so great! I love learning, but technology has been so fun for me lately. I've been trying to decide what I want to get my masters in, but I think that this year has helped me realize I want to get a masters in technology. Oh yes, more good news for school! I am also probably going to get iouches for my class!! There is a grant that gets an itouch for each student and a laptop cart with 16 laptops and 1 mac. Should be fun. Our whole fifth grade is probably going to get the itouch. HOORAY!!! =) Anyhow, it's so much fun learning how to integrate all this technology with the kids. The kids love it just as much as I do, maybe even more?

At church I've been called as the Young Women's Camp Director. I'm excited and scared all at the same time. I told Aunt Sandy and she asked me if she should congratulate me or cry with me and it made me laugh. Looking back on my childhood, I was never really that active in church for long periods in my life, but I always found my way to Girls' Camp. AND, I always LOVED it. I'm excited for Girls' Camp and I hope that I can make it a memorable experience for all the girls in my ward. It feels good to be back at church and help the youth. I feel so inspired when I am with them. They are amazing, strong, and talented! I feel very blessed to get to work with them and learn from them.

Overall, life has been good to me. I have bad days still, but I've been trying some herbal remedies that have been doing wonders. This passion flower and St. John's Wort for stress has really helped me. Now all I have to worry about it taking care of my registration citation, if only I knew what it was for. *SIGH* Will the madness ever end? I hope so. 2 months. =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So are you going to pursue your master's in technology? Have you decided where you'll get your degree. My suggestion is to start this summer and go from there. Be warned that it will take up most of your life, but once you get it it'll be so worth it. Does UNLV have a master's program in technology. I think GCU, which is who I'm getting my degree with, does. Let me know if you want more info about GCU or the master's or anything else.
By the way, I'm so glad that everything has worked out so wonderfully for you at Floyd. I miss you like crazy and wish you were here at Hafen, but I'm also glad that since going to Floyd so many doors have been open. Enjoy the rest of your year and try to avoid holes and anything else that can injure you. Scratch that, maybe you should make Daniel walk the dog from now on. :)

Fishing on the Green River

Fishing on the Green River
My first time fly fishing!

Fly Fishing at Flaming Gorge National Park

Fly Fishing at Flaming Gorge National Park
We just got on the boat and mom took a picture of us. Ang looks so happy! =)

Simba as a puppy

Simba as a puppy
He was so small! Now he's like 110 lbs.!!

Talented Simba

Talented Simba
He is so talented he can balance a turtle on his nose!

Bella & Patches

Bella & Patches
The grey one is the one I'm dog-sitting.

SS Camero

SS Camero
Daniel and his sexy car