Good Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dog Sitting: Part 2

It was all too simple, now that I think about it. She's been baiting me. Giving me a false sense of security. Then--WAM! She's naughty! That little gray dog may LOOK cute and innocent, but there is NOTHING cute and innocent about her.

At this moment I could care less if Bella choked on the rawhide hanging from her mouth.

I opened the door to take out the trash and check the mail and ZOOM! out she goes. Simba follows after her. Usually Simba is well behaved around our apartment, but when you throw a female dog into the mix of things...you can never be too sure if your dog will listen to you. And that is exactly what happened.

This is what happened next: They were both darting all around the apartments. I was chasing them and screaming for them to come back. Simba came to me, but before I could grab him, Bella took off! I missed and he took off after her. She raced across oncoming traffic! Simba raced acrossed oncoming traffic! And all the while I was screaming who knows what!? Our neighbor, Omar, came outside to see what the commotion was, RIGHT as Simba came flying back across the street....

Then everything went into slow-motion. A navy blue Dodge Durango was slowing...but not slow enough. BAM! The back of Simba was hit! He didn't cry out like I thought he would. He just cowered and looked at the Durango as if it had just sprayed him with a spray bottle (He FEARS, I mean F-E-A-R-S the squirt gun as if it were some person going to hit him). He didn't move, just looked. Another car was coming fast, I called for him at the top of my lungs and he ran across the street before anything else could stop him.

My first impression about Bella was obviously WRONG.

3 comments:

JLMartin said...

I'm so glad you're a blogger now! Let me know if you ever come to town so we can hang out. lacey

Unknown said...

Is your dog okay? He was hit, right? Did you take him to the vet to get checked out? I would be horrified!

Jessica said...

Michelle, I can't blog you back because you're set to private, but I have a vet appointment in an hour. Hope he's ok! Love ya!

Fishing on the Green River

Fishing on the Green River
My first time fly fishing!

Fly Fishing at Flaming Gorge National Park

Fly Fishing at Flaming Gorge National Park
We just got on the boat and mom took a picture of us. Ang looks so happy! =)

Simba as a puppy

Simba as a puppy
He was so small! Now he's like 110 lbs.!!

Talented Simba

Talented Simba
He is so talented he can balance a turtle on his nose!

Bella & Patches

Bella & Patches
The grey one is the one I'm dog-sitting.

SS Camero

SS Camero
Daniel and his sexy car