Good Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Planning My Hong Kong Trip

And the next Mr. Hong Kong is.....Michael Tsu!!! Well...that's what I'm hoping for!

Right now Ang and I are trying to arrange our trip to Hong Kong for my brothers 'Mr. Hong Kong Pageant.' The pageant is Aug. 2, 2008. I am so excited, especially since I was supposed to go to H.K. with my family two summers ago, but couldn't because of school. So now I'm even more stoked about this trip because I haven't been to H.K. since I was 6 or 7!

I am a little scared though...especially since my Cantonese sucks!! I am looking for my Cantonese CD's so I can brush up on my language. I hope I brush up quick! I don't want my family in H.K. to think I'm SUCH a twinkie...even though I am. And I certainly don't want to embarrass my mom, sister, and myself!

This whole trip has really made me reflect on my culture and how much of it I actually lack. I'm going to try to learn more about it and try to get back into Cantonese. Language really is everything to a culture. I really hope that when we have kids my parents will be able to teach them Cantonese...and maybe even I will be able to help in that teaching process.

Anywho, wish me luck!

1 comment:

ksjones83 said...

You guys look like you're doing great. I will definitely check your site out every once in a while. It's nice to hear how my friends are doing. I wish we lived closer so that we could see each other more often.

Fishing on the Green River

Fishing on the Green River
My first time fly fishing!

Fly Fishing at Flaming Gorge National Park

Fly Fishing at Flaming Gorge National Park
We just got on the boat and mom took a picture of us. Ang looks so happy! =)

Simba as a puppy

Simba as a puppy
He was so small! Now he's like 110 lbs.!!

Talented Simba

Talented Simba
He is so talented he can balance a turtle on his nose!

Bella & Patches

Bella & Patches
The grey one is the one I'm dog-sitting.

SS Camero

SS Camero
Daniel and his sexy car