Good Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, June 15, 2009

My Trip to Reno 5/11-5/15

The trip to Reno was pretty interesting. I brought Simba with me because I was worried about his leg. He was pretty funny in the car, he started leaning on the console and soon he was in the front seat! I kept thinking, "Where is his seatbelt!" (He ate it!) Then he would want to put his head out of the window, so occasionally I'd let him stick his head out. It's fun to watch his face flap in the wind. (By the way, all the pictures were taken from the front seat of my car...I know, I know...dangerous...but I just pointed and clicked. My eyes were on the road the entire time!)

I forget how amazing and beautiful the desert is. I hear so many people complain about how ugly it is here, but I see beauty everywhere! I really like the picture of the sky when the sun is setting and it makes it look like butter, like in the book, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. As you can tell, I love sky pictures. =) I think Nevada is BEAUTIFUL!

I originally went to Reno for a class I have to have for my teacher license renewal. When I was there I found out I also have to take another class because although it is considered a Nevada State Law and Constitution, it doesn't cover US Constitution. LAME! So I had to quickly sign-up for an online course for US Constitution. Teaching is costing me a lot! Seriously contemplating a career change.....

While I was there I assisted my parents put in laminate flooring for their condo. It was pretty interesting...mostly because Simba was putting his nose into everyones' business. He wanted to help with everything...ok, not help, just get in the way. Eventually, without Simba's help, the floor was finished. It made the kitchen area look so nice and bright. It is fun doing things like this, now I just need to figure out how to do the cutting and measuring and I could do it all by myself. Anyhow, home improvements are always great! Right now I'm trying to get my house de-cluttered. We'll see how it goes.

So I drove home last night. I had a killer migraine. I took a nap and woke-up realizing I didn't want to drive in the heat, so took off from Reno in the still of the night and made it home around 3am. today. Thank God for Coca Cola! I was wired because I haven't had caffeine in over a year! I made it though, safe and sound. Also, Simba's leg is doing great! It's almost all healed up! Well, enjoy the beautiful pictures! Oh yeah, one of my favorite pictures is the last one of a gas station I stopped at. Don't worry guys, I got regular. =)

No comments:

Fishing on the Green River

Fishing on the Green River
My first time fly fishing!

Fly Fishing at Flaming Gorge National Park

Fly Fishing at Flaming Gorge National Park
We just got on the boat and mom took a picture of us. Ang looks so happy! =)

Simba as a puppy

Simba as a puppy
He was so small! Now he's like 110 lbs.!!

Talented Simba

Talented Simba
He is so talented he can balance a turtle on his nose!

Bella & Patches

Bella & Patches
The grey one is the one I'm dog-sitting.

SS Camero

SS Camero
Daniel and his sexy car